Come and See
The initial contact and visiting with a community of Sisters can be helpful in discerning your vocation. The “come and see” is a short time (i.e., a day or two) spent with the Sisters learning about their way of life. We have monasteries across Canada which you can visit and spend a day or more to get to know the community.
- Pray the Liturgy of the Hours with us and stay for a meal,
- Take part in the Eucharistic Celebration with us,
- Arrange to make an individual visit with the vocation director,
- Come for our Hour of Adoration and pray with us.
This is the time when a prospective candidate is invited to live within the monastery for a period of two months. She is given the opportunity to discern her call and a possible way of responding to it.
During this time a guided program is followed in which the potential candidate shares the community’s life of prayer, silence, solitude, work and recreation. This provides an atmosphere for deepening her relationship with the Lord as she discerns her call.
A Community Experience includes:
- Live in the monastery with the Professed Sisters, Postulants and Novices,
- Participate in the Eucharistic Celebration each day,
- Have an experience of the ministries of the Sisters Adorers of the Precious Blood,
- Share in our daily community and personal prayer life,
- Have a Retreat at the end of the Community Experience.